Development of new technologies for the management of extensively farmed small and large ruminants
Funding Program: Operational Program Epirus 2014-2020
Topic: Support of groups of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) for Research & Technology Development activities in the fields of agri-food, health and biotechnology
Start date: 24/9/2018
End date: 23/9/2021
Total Cost: 198.744€
Role in the Project: Project partner/ WP leader
Description: NewTech4Rum Project aims at the development of precision farming technologies and their implementation in the management of extensively farmed migrating small and large ruminants.
- Development of new technologies deploying sensory devices (such as accelerometers, thermometers, pedometers and global positioning systems-GPS) appropriate for use in livestock farming.
- Application optimization oriented to extensively farmed migrating small and large ruminants.
- Collection of animal activity data (running, grazing, eatin, etc).
- Export high level information from collected data to improve farming.
- Dissemination of the results to improve the sustainability of the system developed.