Dimitrios G. Kogias is an Adjunct Lecturer and a Senior Researcher at the Dept of Electronics Engineering of TEI of Piraeus. He has participated in National and European projects while he has, also, taken part to international conferences. His work has been published in international Journals and he has co-authored two book chapters.
Diploma from the Faculty of Physics (UoA), 2001.
Master diploma in “Electronics and Radioelectrology”, Faculty of Physics and the Faculty of Informatics and Telecommunications (inter University M.Sc), 2004.
PhD in Computer Networks, Faculty of Informatics and Telecommunications (UoA), 2010.
- 2002 - present: Adjunct Lecturer at the Dept of Electronics Engineering of TEI of Piraeus
- 2013 – present: Researcher at the Dept of Electronics Engineering of TEI of Piraeus
- 2005 – 2010: Researcher at the Dept of Informatics and Telecommunications, UoA.
- 2012 – 2015: Adjunct Lecturer at Aegean College
-  Dimitris Kogias, Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ioannis Stavrakakis, “Service Discovery Using Random Walkers”, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Ionian University, Greece, poster session, MED-HOC-NET'07, June 13-15, 2007, Corfu, Greece.
-  Dimitris Kogias, Konstantinos Oikonomou and Ioannis Stavrakakis, "Replicated Random Walks for Service Advertising in Unstructured Environments", 7th IFIP Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net), 23-27 June 2008, Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
-  Dimitris Kogias, Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ioannis Stavrakakis, "Study of Randomly Replicated Random Walks for Information Dissemination Over Various Network Topologies", Sixth Annual Conference on Wireless On demand Network Systems and Services, IFIP/IEEE WONS 2009, Feb. 2-4, 2009, Snowbird, Utah, USA.
-  Konstantinos Oikonomou, Dimitris Kogias, Leonidas Tzevelekas and Ioannis Stavrakakis, “Investigation of Information Dissemination Design Criteria in Large- Scale Network Environments”, in the 13th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics, 10 – 12 September 2009, Corfu, Greece.
-  Konstantinos Oikonomou, Dimitris Kogias, Ioannis Stavrakakis, “Probabilistic Flooding for Efficient Information Dissemination in Random Graph Topologies”,, Computer Networks vol. 54, Issue 10 (July 2010), pp. 1615-1629.
-  Konstantinos Oikonomou, Dimitris Kogias and Ioannis Stavrakakis, “A Study of Information Dissemination Under Multiple Random Walkers and Replication Mechanisms”, in the 2nd International Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networking ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiOpp, 22 – 23 February 2010, Pisa, Italy.
-  Gurkan Tuna, Gulsum Gezer, Kayhan Gulez, Dimitris Kogias and Vehbi Cagri Gungor, "PI-Controlled ANN-Based Energy Consumption Forecasting for Smart Grids", ICINCO - 12th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics, Colmar, France, 21-23 July, 2015.
-  Tuna G., Örenbaş H., Daş R., Kogias D., Baykara M., Gulez K, “Information security threats and an easy-to-implement attack detection framework for wireless sensor network-based smart grid applications”, in 5th International Conference on Materials and Applications for Sensors and Transducers, IC-MAST, Greece, September 2015.
-  Potirakis S., Mitilineos S., Chatzistamatis P., Vassiliadis S., Primentas A., Kogias D., Michailidis E., Rangoussi M., Kurşun bahadır S., Atalay O., Kalaoğlu F., Sağlam Y, “Physiological parameters monitoring of fire-fighters by means of a wearable wireless sensor system” in 5th International Conference on Materials and Applications for Sensors and Transducers, IC-MAST, Greece, September 2015.Conference on Materials and Applications for Sensors and Transducers, IC-MAST, Greece, September 2015.
-  D. Kogias, Gurkan Tuna and Vehbi Cagri Gungor, "Cognitive Radio Networks for Smart Grid Communications Potential Applications, Protocols, and Research Challenges", to appear in Smart Grid: Networking, Data Management, and Business Models, April 2016, CRC Press.
-  D. Kogias, M. Michailidis, S. Potirakis, S. Vassiliadis, “Communication protocols for vital signs sensors used for the monitoring of athletes”, to appear in Smart Textiles and Their Applications" - 1st Edition, Elsevier, 2016.
|Course name:||Object-oriented programming|
|Hours per week:||2 (lab)|
|Course name:||Computer Networks|
|Hours per week:||2 (lab)|
- 1/9/2005 – 31/8/2008: “PENED 2003”, funded by European and National Resources.
- 1/1/2006 – 30/4/2006: “Autonomic Communication: Coordination Action (ACCA)”, IST FET.
- 1/5/2006 - 31/12/2006: “Support for Data Distribution in Modern Wired and Wireless Networks”. Program HRAKLEITOS.
- 1/1/2007 - 31/8/2008: “Content Networks and Services for Home Users- Content”, IST-384239 NoE CONTENT.
- 1/10/2008 - 15/11/2008: “Autonomic Network Architectures (Ana Project)”, EU-IST-27489 FET/FIRE.
- 1/07/2013 – 31/03/2015: “Developing an Open Source Platform for Research on Wireless Sensor Networks”, Archimedes ΙΙΙ_MIS 383575.
- 1/1/2014 - 31/06/2015 “Open Courses on TEI of Piraeus”, MIS 380196.
- 1/03/2015 - 31/08/2015: “Secure and Privacy-aware eGovernment Services- SPAGOS”, 11ΣΥΝ_9_2059, ΕΣΠΑ 2007-2013.
- 1/9/2015 - 31-8-20118: «TRILLION - TRusted, CItizen -LEA coILaboratIon over sOcial Networks», Horizon 2020.